- THESE TERMS
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- OUR PRODUCTS
- YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
- YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
- OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
1. THESE TERMS
- 1.1, What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content. Please note, our products are limited to the supply of goods, being made to measure lantern roofs and associated spare parts.
- 1.2, Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- 1.3, All our lantern roofs are made to measure to your specification. This is important because you will not have the right to cancel under the statutory 14 day cooling off period because the goods are made to measure. Please see clause 8 on your rights to bring the contract to an end.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- 2.1, Who we are. We are Complete Roof Solutions, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 06979936 and our registered office is at 1 Swan Street, Leicester LE3 5AQ. Our registered VAT number is 715 2218 64. We trade as Premier Lantern Roofs.
- 2.2, How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0116 253 7297 or by emailing or writing to us at
and 1 Swan Street, Leicester LE3 5AQ.
- 2.3, How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- 2.4, “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
3. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- 3.1, How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- 3.2, If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- 3.3, Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- 3.4, We only sell to mainland UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK. If you live outside mainland UK, please contact us to see if we can accommodate your order.
4. OUR PRODUCTS
- 4.1, Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a 2% tolerance.
- 4.2, Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on images on our website.
- 4.3, Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website or by contacting us. All our lantern roofs are made to measure to your specification.
5. YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
6. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- 6.1, Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may make the following changes to the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract and receive a full refund before the changes take effect:
7. PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
- 7.1, Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- 7.2, When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. (a) If the products are goods. If the products are goods we will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 14 days after the day on which we accept your order. (b) If the products are one-off services. We will begin the services on the date set out in the order. The estimated completion date for the services is as told to you during the order process.
- 7.3, We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- 7.4, Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 9am to 4pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays).
- 7.5, If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, please note that the products cannot be posted through your letterbox. We will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- 7.6, If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- 7.7, Your legal rights if we deliver late. You have legal rights if we deliver any products late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any products then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply: (a) we have refused to deliver the products; (b) delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or © you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
- 7.8, Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 7.7, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
- 7.9, Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as at an end for late delivery under clause 7.7 or clause 7.8, you can cancel your order for any of the products or reject products that have been delivered. If you wish, you can reject or cancel the order for some of those products (not all of them), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled products and their delivery. If the products have been delivered to you, you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 0116 253 7297 or email us at
for a return label or to arrange collection.
- 7.10, When you become responsible for the product. The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect it from us.
- 7.11, When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
- 7.12, What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, detailed and accurate measurements in order for us to manufacture the goods. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- 7.13, Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to: (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; (b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; © make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6); (d) you fail to provide information under clause 7.12.
- 7.14, Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product for longer than 14 days in any calendar month, we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 14 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- 7.15, We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 12.6). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 12.5).
8. YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- 8.1, You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract: (a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11; (b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2; © If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods – please note, this will not apply to goods that are made to your specifications, and will only apply to goods such as spare parts that are “off the shelf”; (d) In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.6. This will apply to our made to measure lantern roofs.
- 8.2, Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are: (a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 0); (b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; © there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; (d) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 14 days; or (e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- 8.3, Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms. Please note, this does not apply to goods made to your specification, and would include made to measure lantern roofs, which are produced to your specification.
- 8.4, When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of: (a) A contract for supply of goods that are made to your specifications – this is the case with our made to measure lantern roofs; (b) services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running; © products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; (d) any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- 8.5, How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered. This does not apply to goods that are made to your specification. (a) Have you bought goods (for example, any spare parts)?, if so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless: (i) Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods. (ii) Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period (for example. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
- 8.6, Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. If you do not have any other rights to end the contract (see clause 8.1), you can still contact us before it is completed and tell us you want to end it. If you do this the contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
9. HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
- 9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by: Phone, post or email. Call customer services on 0116 253 7297 or email us at
Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. You may also write to us at 1 Swan Street, Leicester LE3 5AQ.
- 9.2 Returning products after ending the contract (this will generally be limited to any spare parts that you may order from us). If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on 0116 253 7297 or email us at
for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. Please note, the right to change your mind does not apply to goods that are made to your specification.
- 9.3 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return: (a) if the products are faulty or misdescribed; (b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong; or © if you are exercising your right to change your mind (this will generally be limited to any spare parts that you may order from us). In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- 9.4 What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. We charge £48 + VAT for collection of roof or glass
- 9.5 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- 9.6 Deductions from refunds. If you are exercising your right to change your mind: (a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount. (b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option. © Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- 9.7 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then: (a) If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.8. (b) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
10. OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- 10.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if: (a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due; (b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, accurate measurements to allow the manufacture of the products; © you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us; (d) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services.
- 10.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- 10.3 We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 7 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
11. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
- 11.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 0116 253 7297 or write to us at
or 1 Swan Street, Leicester LE3 5AQ.
- 11.2 Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example a made to measure lantern roof, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following: • up to 30 days: if your item is faulty, then you can get a refund. • up to six months: if your faulty item can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases. • up to six years: if the item can be expected to last up to six years you may be entitled to a repair or replacement, or, if that doesn’t work, some of your money back.
11.3 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 0116 253 7297 or email us at
for a return label or to arrange collection.
12. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 12.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- 12.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- 12.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- 12.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with all major credit and debit cards. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying: (a) For goods, you must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you.
- 12.5 We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 5% a year above the base lending rate of Nat West Bank from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- 12.6 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know and we will not charge you interest until we have resolved the issue.
13. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- 13.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- 13.2 When we are liable for damage to your property. If we are providing services in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services. If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
- 13.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 14.1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us: (a) to supply the products to you; (b) to process your payment for the products; and © if you agreed to this during the order process, to inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- 14.2 We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies. Where we extend credit to you for the products we may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies and they may keep a record of any search that they do.
- 14.3 We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
15. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- 15.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- 15.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- 15.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 15.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 15.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- 15.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.